[Fedora-directory-devel] Samba4 onto Fedora DS

Pete Rowley prowley at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 00:54:05 UTC 2006

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 15:35 -0700, Pete Rowley wrote:

>>Why not deal with the specific problems that arise when /adding/ the AD
>>

>>schema? I'm guessing that would be a shorter list?
>>

>Because the AD schema is a whole schema, not just some extra
>attributes/objectClasses, I need to be able to replace 'person', and
>many other classes that Microsoft has modified.
>
>Once I start replacing classes, I need to know the list of 'if I replace
>this, bad things happen'.

The problem is the list of broken things is open ended. Perhaps we
should drill down on a specific example (like the "person" objectclass
and associated attributes) and look at what is different. At least that
will make sure we are all talking about the same thing and the folks on
the list might have more targetted suggestions.

Though, I thought the plan was to make the DS look like AD through
Sambas lens?  Are we just talking about an interim development situation
until you add the "lens"? If so, I say break what you like. Otherwise I
would have big concerns about integration with existing DS deployments.

--
Pete