[389-devel] Proof of concept: mocking DS in lib389

Jan Rusnacko jrusnack at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 13:18:59 UTC 2013

Hello Thierry,

I am not rewriting ldapadd,...  methods of "real" DS class, I am in fact
creating MockDS class with custom ldapadd,... methods, _just_ like you suggest :)

Furthermore, you can view it as a subclass of "real_ds" - even though it is not
a proper Python subclass, it inherits all functions from repl module just like
"real_ds" would (again through ModuleProxy mechanism). So, methods that are
defined in repl are the same for "real_ds" class and for MockDS class, but
ldap.. methods are different. So, basically exactly what you suggest :)

Code of the whole class along with all methods is in file
tests/test_dsmodules/conftest.py line 7.

Thank you,
Jan