[389-devel] Please review lib389 ticket 47575: add test case for ticket47560

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 18:44:09 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 07:38 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 10/30/2013 12:12 PM, thierry bordaz wrote:

>>> Does "tickets" in this case mean "tickets for issues in the 389 trac"?
>> Yes in my mind, this directory would contains test cases for 389 tickets.
>
> File or directory?  I don't understand - is standalone_test.py
> supposed to be a real ticket?  Or will the tickets directory contain
> files like ticket47424.py, ticket47332.py, etc.?

All tickets having a test case with a standalone topology will be in
standalone_test.py file.

A ticket test case, in that file, will be a method prefixed by "test_".
The setup instance method of standalone_test.py will create a standalone
instance that will be shared by all the test case (e.g.
test_ticketxyz(self)  method).
The teardown will remove the instance at the end of execution of all
test cases.

>>> So we would just keep adding tests to the single file
>>> standalone_test.py, every time we add a test for a trac ticket that
>>> deals with a standalone server?
>> Yes, if we have a test case for a ticket_xyz, we may add a new class
>> method
>>
>>     class Test_standAlone(object):
>>             def setup(self):
>>             def teardown(self):
>>
>>             def test_ticket_xyz(self):
>>                 def _test_ticket_xyx_setup():
>>     <initialization of test case ticket xyz>
>>                 def _test_ticket_xyz_teardown():
>>                     <cleanup for test case ticket xyz>
>>
>>                 _test_ticket_xyz_setup()
>>
>>                 <test case>
>>
>>                 _test_ticket_xyz_teardown()
>>

>>             def test_ticket_abc(self)
>>
>>             def test_final(self)
>>                 <triggers the cleanup of the standalone instance>
>>
> This won't be in a separate file called ticketXYZ.py?
No, if the test case for ticket xyz   implies a standalone topology, it
will be a method in standalone_test.py