[389-devel] Please review: #47388: [RFE] Support 'Content Synchronization Operation' (SyncRepl)

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 17:27:40 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 07:22 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I published the latest version of the patch:
> https://fedorahosted.org/389/attachment/ticket/47388/0001-Ticket-47388-RFE-to-imnplement-RFC4533.patch
>

> It fixes the issues raised with the previous versions and I also did
> check memory leaks with valgrind, I think the changes to the core
> server are minimal, all the stuff is in the plugin, so even if there
> is a need for more tests, especially stress tests, I would like to
> commit to master and then handle new issues found as bug fixes to the
> feature.
In general, it looks good.  We should add a plug-in dependency on the
retro changelog plug-in in the dse.ldif template and the update file.
I'm OK if you want to deal with this in another ticket, though it might
just be simple to add into this patch.

Why do we have an empty sync_handle_cnum_result() function?

Now for some real nit-picky stuff... ;)

There's a typo in a comment in sync_persist_initialize().  It has
"persisten" instead of "persistent".

There are a few tab vs. space issues in the definition of SyncRequest in
sync.h.  There are also a tab vs. space issues at sync_init.c:111,
sync_init.c:175, sync_persist.c:269, sync_persist.c:665,
sync_util.c:367, and sync_util.c:332.

You should add braces around the body of the if/else statements at
sync_persist.c:369, sync_persist.c:470, sync_persist.c:646,
sync_refresh.c:197, sync_refresh.c:253, sync_refresh.c:337,
sync_refresh.c:356, sync_refresh.c:358, sync_util.c:251,
sync_util.c:544, sync_util.c:608, sync_util.c:682, and result.c:294.

If you address the above issues, I'm OK with you pushing it to the repo.

Thanks,
-NGK

>>> 389-devel at lists.fedoraproject.org