[389-devel] Please review ticket 47942 (2nd): DS hangs during online total update

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 17:21:43 UTC 2014

Hello,

    This bug fix (https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/47942) was already
    reviewed by Mark.

    Taking into account a first remark, I change the indentation of the
    previous fix (IDE are sometime teasing friends :-) ).

https://fedorahosted.org/389/attachment/ticket/47942/0002-Ticket-47942-DS-hangs-during-online-total-update.patch

    The second remark was that the same bug applies both to incremental
    and total update. The fix above addressed total update.
    The fix below addresses the incremental update.

https://fedorahosted.org/389/attachment/ticket/47942/0003-Ticket-47942-DS-hangs-during-online-total-update-inc.patch

    In that last patch, window/pause are hardcoded (100/2s). I was
    unsure if the adding new configuration attribute was valuable.
    The consequences of this bug for incremental update is less critical
    than for total update. With incremental, the RA will hang for
    idletimout but then a next replication session will continue sending
    updates. While for total update, this bug is fatal.
    It is also less likely to occurs (amount of transfert data
    (update/entries), job to do on consumer side to apply the update,
    #update to send (#update < #entries).

    thanks
    thierry