[389-devel] Preop plugin for nested posix groups

Deas, Jim James.Deas at warnerbros.com
Wed Jan 15 18:02:01 UTC 2014

Current and legacy Linux boxes are using posix (memberuid) for rights management. I need to alter  this to add one layer of nested groups. The best solution I can currently think of is to write a preop plugin.
This plugin would need to find all returned memberuid values starting with a dot  and treat them like a nested group, expanding the returned memberuid list with that subgroups memberuid values as well.

I.E. two users and two subgroups to expand into users

frankJ
joycek
.engineering
.finance

Is there a better solution already known?

JD