[389-devel] No rule to make target dbmon.sh

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 03:32:11 UTC 2015

On (26/02/15 18:05), Noriko Hosoi wrote:
>Hi William,
>
>Could you check if you have ./ldap/admin/src/scripts/dbmon.sh in your build
>tree?  I'm suspecting you might have wiped out by some clean procedure.
>
>I usually build my local tree with rpmbuild which copies a build tree from
>the source tree checked out from git.  In the top of the build tree, Makefile
>is generated.  At the first time, there is no problem to run "make", but if I
>do "make clean" there, files such as dbmon.sh is wiped out.  And the
>following "make" fails exactly as yours.

The file dbmon.sh is removed after make clean because it is added to AUTOMAKE
variable CLEANFILES.

Details http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Clean.html

BTW "make clean" removes also other files from git tree
        deleted:    ldap/admin/src/scripts/dbmon.sh
        deleted:    ldap/ldif/50posix-winsync-plugin.ldif
        deleted:    ldap/ldif/50replication-plugins.ldif
        deleted:    ldap/ldif/90betxn-plugins.ldif

I expect that these files should not be removed with make clean.

LS