[389-devel] Running single tests against dirsrv

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 11:53:33 UTC 2015

On 03/22/2015 08:58 PM, William wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to run the ds tests from ds/dirsrvtests/suites/dynamic-plugins.
>
> At the moment I can do this with:
>
> cd ds/dirsrvtests/suites/dynamic-plugins
> PYTHONPATH=/home/wililam/development/389ds/lib389 PREFIX=/srv py.test
>
> And this tests "all" of the directory server tests in the directory.
>
> However, If I want to run just one test, the following happens:
>
> PYTHONPATH=/home/wililam/development/389ds/lib389 PREFIX=/srv py.test -k
> test_mep
> platform linux2 -- Python 2.7.8 -- py-1.4.26 -- pytest-2.6.4
> collected 2 items
>
> 2 tests deselected by '-ktest_mep'
>
> So I can't actually just test these individual components.
>
> Is there something I am missing here? What's the best way to run single
> tests out of dynamic-plugins?
Hi William,

You can't.  The dynamic plugin suite is a single test, there is no way
to just run the mep plugin test without editing the code.  Note, the
dynamic plugin test suite is just to test the new "dynamic"
functionality of plugins,  it does not do a full plugin test(for any of
the plugins), but it just tests one or two key features from each plugin.

We have internal tests that are slowly being ported over to lib389 in
the DS source code.  However, a full MEP test suite has not been ported
to lib389 yet.

Regards,
Mark