[389-users] RHDS and Radius Certificate

Natr Brazell natrbrazell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:44:35 UTC 2010

I think I would understand it more if I understood the following sections:

                cacertfile =  /usr/local/etc/freeradius/certs/CA_certif.crt
(If I am doing testing how to I make this file)

Do I really need this section.  I don't have, nor will I have any Wi-Fi and
all users connecting in my case are on the same VLAN.

        access_attr_used_for_allow = yes
        access_attr = "X-Vlan-WiFi"
        dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap

Again as in the first note above.

                private_key_file = ${certdir}/<radius-server.key>
                certificate_file = ${certdir}/<<radius-server.crt>
                CA_file = ${certdir}/CA_certif.crt
Doing an initial test without the need of an official CA.  What's the
difference in the above 3 files and how to I generate them.  If I sound like
a dunce, I am in this respect.  PKI is fairly new for me to configure.  I
understand it in theory but getting all the pieces to fit is confusing.

Thanks for the useful responses.