[389-users] Existing certificate error

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:36:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM, s.varadha rajan <rajanvaradhu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Niranjan,
>
> Password we have used while creating the certificate, that is not
> accepting. this is the problem.
>
> @Rob,
>
> We have the certificate in .p12 format and in that all are integrated.
> generally if you imported from .p12 everything should work.
>
> This is where i am struck and still facing the same issues.
>
> Regards,
> Varad

Greetings,

Does the  pkcs12 file has a password,  do you remember the password of the
.pk12 file ?

If so you can try the below

Important, please take backup of /etc/dirsrv before attempting and also stop
directory service
#service dirsrv stop

take the backup of NSS database file in /etc/dirsrv

$mv *.db /tmp/mybackup

$cd /etc/dirsrv
Create a new database
$certutila -N -d /etc/dirsrv

Import the certificates from pk12 file
$pk12util -d . -i <file-name>-n <nick-name>

The nick-name is generally "server-cert", You can verify this by listing the
contents from the existing directory
$certutil -L -d  /tmp/mybackup

You might have to re-import the CA certificate if required,
$certutil -A -d /etc/dirsrv -a -i <CA-certificate> -t "TC,,"

Regards
Niranjan