[389-users] Announcing 389 Directory Server version 1.2.9.6 Testing

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Aug 22 22:55:58 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 05:40 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> I'm using the latest code on RHEL 6.1 x86_64.  This is what I did:
> setup-ds.pl - use suffix dc=example,dc=com
>
> after the server starts, use ldapmodify:
> dn: dc=example,dc=com
> changetype: modify
> delete: aci
> aci: (targetattr!="userPassword")(version 3.0; acl "Enable anonymous
> access"; allow (read, search, compare) userdn="ldap:///anyone";)
>
> Then did a bunch of subtree scope searches from dc=example,dc=com - as
> directory manager and as root
>
> No hang.  How long does it take for you to see hangs?  You say "Wait for
> the server to stop accepting requests" - how long do you wait?
> Any chance you could use gdb to get a stack trace of the server while it
> is hung?  Basically, following the directions at
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ#Debugging_Crashes
> except do
> ps -ef|grep ns-slapd
> to get the pid, then use
> gdb /usr/sbin/ns-slapd $pid

Thanks for giving it a shot, Rich.  I'll give it another good go this
upcoming weekend.  For me, I didn't need to wait long on my core server
as this is the one that gets all the requests from SSSD and EGroupWare.

On my virtual host, it took many many tries to reproduce.

I'll set aside some time to do as you request.  -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E