[389-users] How to increase the number of DB locks on the 389 Directory

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 17:07:53 UTC 2011

On 06/14/2011 11:03 AM, Glenn Machin wrote:
> Looking at the source code - I fixed the problem by doing the
> following.   If there is an easier way let me know.
>
> Shutdown down the 389 directory
>
> Edited /etc/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/dse.ldif
>
> Under dn: cn=config,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config
> added attribute:
> nsslapd-db-locks: 40000
>

> Dumped the userRoot DB
> /usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/db2ldif -n userRoot
>
> (Note this starts slapd so you have to stop the server again)
starts slapd?  Note that db2ldif runs ns-slapd in database export mode -
it's the same ns-slapd, but it doesn't run it in a mode that it acts as
an LDAP server serving client connections.

> Reload userRoot
> /usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/ldif2db -n userRoot -i
> /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/ldif/SERVER-userRoot-DATE.ldif
Was it really necessary to dump and reload the db?  I would have thought
just
1) stop the server
2) edit dse.ldif
3) start the server