[389-users] Changelog Modification

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 17:18:57 UTC 2011

On 03/09/2011 10:11 AM, Stephen Agar wrote:
> I've seen multiple different types of changes in there flagged as this
> issue.
> - Some was a custom "directory string" attribute, being change from
> value notActivated to activated
I suppose this might be a problem if the schema were somehow different
between the two servers, which could happen if you added the schema via
a file and not via LDAP.
> - Some password account lockout attributes, resettime, etc.
See
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Managing_Replication-Replicating-Password-Attributes
> - Most are modifications to the "memberof" attribute, which is set by
> the member plugin
memberof should not be replicated - see
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#groups-cmd-memberof

there is an Important Note on that page about replicating memberof
> - Some are password changes
I suppose this could be possible if the password policy is different on
the supplier and the consumer