[389-users] Question about expired/expiring passwords

harry.devine at faa.gov harry.devine at faa.gov
Thu Aug 9 20:01:36 UTC 2012

In our environment, we have users that authenticate to our LDAP server in
a few ways:

        1) they log into the server directly using SSH via PuTTY;
        2) they log in to our server using FileZilla or WS_FTP using SFTP;
        3) they authenticate their account via the LDAP on a Windows
server using pGina

In method 1, they are prompted to change their password if it is expired,
or are given the warning about the password will expire in X days.  How do
I have the user get a similar warning/message when connecting via methods
2 and 3?  We have a lot of users who get themselves flustered because they
think they have the right password, but because they're never warned or
given a message, they think its wrong, put in a few more passwords, and
eventually lock their account out.

Any ideas?
Harry

Harry Devine