[389-users] Directory Express Gateway problems with bind

Anders Nielsen an at biomediq.com
Wed Aug 29 09:45:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have changed the default ACI from ldap://anyone to ldap://all to require
authentication prior to search - this works ok from normal clients. For
the DSGW I edited the orgchart.conf file to include a bind dn and password
- these options seem only to be available to the org. chart application.
The org. chart works correctly, but when the phonebook application
attempts to search it does not (obviously) authenticate and gets nothing
(same goes for the other parts of the DSGW). I have attempted to use a
binddnfile in dsgw.conf, as described on the wiki, but get syntax errors
on the file. The wiki says only to add the DN and password but nothing on
formatting syntax.

Any ideas on how to format the contents of the binddnfile?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Anders Nielsen