[389-users] GUI errors when viewing replication agreements

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 21:24:40 UTC 2012

On 08/29/2012 03:11 PM, Wes Hardin wrote:
> On 08/28/2012 03:43 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> attached console.log
>
> When I ran the 389-console in debug mode, I think I located the where the issue arises.  Starting at line 1778:
>
> DSEntrySet.getAttributes(): failed to get attribute nsslapd-referral in cn=config
> ServerSettingsPanel.ReferralText.show:<>
> DSEntrySet.show(): some of the attributes of cn=config could not be read.  Either they are not present in the entry or there is an ACI which prevents that attribute from being read. Try authenticating as a user with more access
>
> In a quick test, this only seems to occur on my single master.  The consumers I tested did not complain when selecting the "configuration" tab.

Hmm - this should have been fixed - https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/78
Please add your information to that ticket and reopen

>>> I cannot edit any replication agreements (except for the description field)
>>> regardless of their origin from the "Configuration" tab.  I don't receive any
>>> error, but if I make a change to the schedule for instance, the tab gets the
>>> little red dot indicating a change occurred, but the "Save" button remains
>>> grayed out and unclickable.
>>>
>> Ok.  I would like to see
>> excerpts from the directory server and admin server access log and
>> errors log from around the time of this console behavior
>> /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/errors and access
>> /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv/error and access
>>
>> run the console with 389-console -D 9 -f console.log - then reproduce
>> the problem and post the console.log
>>
>> before you post any logs, be sure to scrub or obscure any sensitive data
> Getting these logs will take a little bit longer.  But to make sure I provide useful logs, what debug logging options should I enable for access and error?
Don't worry about it.  This looks like ticket 78.  I'm very confused as
to why this was not fixed for you.  Did you upgrade this 389 from an
earlier release?  If so, it is possible that there is an empty
nsslapd-referral attribute in your dse.ldif - try this:

shutdown dirsrv
edit /etc/dirsrv/slapd-INST/dse.ldif - look for a line like
nsslapd-referral:
that is, there is nothing after the ":"
delete this line
then restart dirsrv