Fosdem

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Thu Jan 16 20:54:57 UTC 2014

pavel at zhukoff.net wrote:
> Are you going to FOSDEM this year?

No. I've never been to FOSDEM so far. I've had a habit for the last few
years of attending FSCONS i Gothenburg, which is fairly easy for me to
go to.

> I'll have track at the ada room called "Ada in Fedora". The main
> topic is current implementation of the developer tools.
> I'd like to sync before:
>
> 1) Ada packaging policy is more or less stable and ready to use

Yes. When GPS gets packaged we should add a paragraph about GPS
plug-ins. Other than that I don't foresee any changes.

> 2) Fedora-gnat-project-common - nice gpr files and macroses to make
> out life easier.

Its multiarch support may be particularly worth mentioning.

> 3) xmlada, gprbuild, aws, gnatcoll : current release (2013) packaged
> 4) GtkAda : packaged, update to the 3x branch is under discussion.
> 5) Matreshka : current release packaged (0.6.0 is coming soon)

OK

> 6) Comfignat - ?

The state of Fedora in relation to Comfignat is that the current
versions of Fedora and EPEL 6 are ready for packages whose build
systems are based on Comfignat. Fedora has a Comfignat-compatible
directories project with multiarch support (directories.gpr), and the
RPM macros make it easy to package a Comfignat-using program or library.

> 7) aunit, florist - need to be updated.
> 8) zeromq-ada - dead upstream but current implentation wotks fine
> with 2.X branch and thin enought to avoid bugs.

OK

> 9) qtada - I've lost srpm again :( but gela-asis is packaged so
> probably I'll have qtada soon again.

I've heard about two or maybe three different Qtada. You should
probably make it clear which one you're talking about.

Good luck with your talk!

Björn Persson