Protocol for tomorrow's IRC Board Meeting

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 12 15:00:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 10:39 -0400, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> I was preparing to send out the announcement for tomorrow's IRC Board
> Meeting, when I realized we still hadn't come to consensus on
> protocol.
>
> Previously discussed ideas include:
>
>  o  Use something like Google Moderator (or some free/open-source variant)

No non-floss :)

>  o  Ask questions in a different channel, and have a human moderator
> transfer them one at a time to the meeting

That brings us back to the problem folks brought up to us before that
they felt separated or banished to a different channel (and having two
channels also leads to backchannel conversation making for two streams
that are too difficult to keep up with at the same time)

>  o  Encourage participants to wait until called upon to answer their
> question (type "!" to indicate that you have a question)

I think this is a great idea and we should try something informal like
this before resorting to something heavier like having two channels.

fwiw,
~m