Appointment of Board Members.

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 00:34:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 08:26:51PM -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> >> I don't recall things going down this way.  Please name some concrete
> >> examples of this "trampling" so we can be discussing the same thing.
> >>
> > The first example of it that I can think of was at the transition between
> > the Max Spevack and Paul Frields eras with Codeina.  Here's some pointers
> > from the middle to mid-end of that:
> >
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2008-March/005032.html
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2008-March/005054.html
>
> I don't understand what these two emails are meant to illustrate.
>
> Codeina was an open issue around the time we transitioned the FPL role
> from me to Paul.  I recall one of the first things that Paul worked on
> with his FPL hat on was to address that problem.
>
> That's what I see when I re-read his email.
>
> What I see when I re-read mine is me doing my best to apologize for a
> situation that I felt ultimately responsible for, and to be accountable
> in public, especially because other people were cleaning up an issue
> that carried over from my "watch", so to speak.

<nod>  I agree with those things.

Poelcat was asking for examples where the Board interfered with things that
were rightly in fesco's sphere of influence.  Since this was a transitional
period, I felt it was good to post both your summary of past events and
Paul's email of then current information.

-Toshio