A vision statement

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 17 22:01:23 UTC 2010

In the interest of taking action rather than talking about a vision
statement is needed, here is something for target practice, please fire
away.

---

OUR MISSION (Why we exist)

The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and open
source software and content as a collaborative community.

      * The Fedora Project always strives to lead, not follow.
      * The Fedora Project consistently seeks to create, improve, and
        spread free/libre code and content.
      * The Fedora Project succeeds through shared action on the part of
        many people throughout our community.

VISION (What we're working towards)

The Fedora Project strives towards a world in which computers fueled
primarily by free & open source software, both client and server, and
content improve the lives of users all over the world.

---

Does anyone take issue with that?

If not, let's take a look at what we're doing and prioritizing now and
match it up with how well it contributes towards getting us to that
future.

~m