Swag for FUDCons

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:50:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On a "promoting Fedora" note: has anyone looked at Fedora-themed badge
> lanyards?  (they're thing that you attach an event badge to, and wear
> round your neck).  I did a (very) quick search and found they come to
> $1-2 each for an order of over 100, single base color with a 1-color
> custom print on top.
>
> They can be reused between events, and it seems to me to be a cheap and
> effective way for people to show Fedora pride at both Fedora and
> non-Fedora events.  (For a multiday conference it's probably much more
> convenient than multiple T-shirts).

Dave,

I just wanted to follow up on your remarks here again. After
revisiting the idea of lanyard production for about the fifth time in
the past several years but this time framed more in the terms you
described here rather than as a general item to just give away at an
event we have decided to act on this and will be producing lanyards
for contributors. With a little luck they should first surface at
FUDCon in Tempe.

Thanks again for taking the time to suggest this.

John