Pressed media idea

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:20:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> Might I make another suggestion? Encourage interested parties to bring
> (or purchase nearby) a 4GB flash drive and just set up a couple stations
> for creating their own bootable flash drive, either with the live media
> or the DVD install.

It'd be a good idea to have a flashing station or the ability to do this but...

* You're bounded by the ability to copy data from a machine to a flash
drive. So you're probably going to be sending people away while others
copy unless you have a lot of USB slots...
* This assumes you can reach interested parties ahead of an event so
they bring 4GB USB drives, which isn't likely for a lot of events.
* Reduces the footprint of the media -- I'm likely to pass on a DVD to
a co-worker, friend, etc. I may be a Fedora user and interested in
picking up media not for me, but for someone else - probably less
likely to bring & pass on a 4GB key to someone else.
* While many people want to install on a netbook, others want to
install on a machine with a DVD drive -- and may be a bit intimidated
with the process of using a USB key to boot.

Best,

Zonker

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb at zonker.net>