Stable release policy

Steven M. Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 19:24:19 UTC 2010

The Board has requested that FESCo develop the procedures to implement
their "Stable Release" vision.  While some progress has been made, there
is still much work to be done.

Soon we will have elections for both the Board and FESCo and I would
like to see this issue resolved before we seat new members.  To that end
I am proposing that the Board and FESCo meet to discuss the vision,
where we want to be, where we are, and how to get the rest of the way.
Ideally this meeting would be via IRC, but if needed we may want to look
at FedoraTalk or even holding a FAD to help put this issue to bed.

IMO opinion with an issue this important face to face might be better,
but IRC would be a good place to start.  I would like to hear from the
Board members and my fellow FESCo members their opinions on this.

Steven

--
Steven M. Parrish
gpg fingerprint: 4B6C 8357 059E B7ED 8095 0FD6 1F4B EDA0 A9A6 13C0