Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 18 22:17:38 UTC 2010

2010/2/18 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 12:17 -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
>> I'm just going to be straight with it, would the Board be happier if
>> the entire Spins SIG closed up shop and we got KDE, Xfce, LXDE, or
>> anything else that were to pop up completely out of the repositories
>> so that we can focus on the golden child? Is that what this is about?
>> Because at this point I'm just tired of the ambiguity and if that is
>> what's desired, then lets just say it and move on.
>
> Can I ask you a question:
>
> Do you work on non-default spins with the expectation/hope that someday
> it will be crowned prom queen / I mean be the default spin?
>
> ~m

Nope, not at all. I work on it because it interests me and I do have
hopes that others will enjoy the results just as those who put in the
effort to make it happen, but I don't have the unrealistic expectation
for the Spin(s) that I work on to take over the market share of the
prom queen. This is honestly part of why I asked the question you
quoted because if the end goal is to stop the Spins in their tracks
then I will simply move from "Spin" to "Remix" with a different logo
set as to not walk on the lines of TM issues. It makes no difference
to me, I think it would be a bit of a slap in the face to some but it
bothers me absolutely zero. I get to do what I want, contribute to
Fedora and my over all desktop experience doesn't change (I would just
miss the pretty Fedora logo).

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com