Fedora Board Strategic Working Group

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 13 20:50:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Colin Walters wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> You may believe what you want but given that preceding statement I believe
>> you to be wrong.
>
> Hmm, well I've heard it said that actually OLPC is the biggest Fedora
> deployment.   So perhaps in terms of numbers, my statement was
> currently inaccurate.  But is that what you were referring to? Can you
> offer some sort of alternative, other than just "you're wrong"?

You said:

A general purpose desktop image consumable is very important for the
project as a whole; I don't have any metrics to back this up, but I'm
sure it's what most of the people using the project now want.

And you also said:

You seem to be ruling out the possibility that there could be
agreement on this target audience.

And I'm saying that, in fact, there isn't common consensus. If you need
evidence of this ask the board themselves. Better yet, ask all past and
current board members.

There isn't common consensus, evidenced by this argument existing.

It's like the Athenian Oath - if everyone acted in the way the Athenian
Oath dictated then they wouldn't have needed the oath, would they?

-sv