fedora community working group

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Jul 1 20:57:56 UTC 2010

On the open question of how to discourage/prevent poisonous <foo>, I
suggest doing something similar as was done in the kde project a couple
of years ago to help deal with similar issues.  I propose creating
something in fedora akin to the 'kde community working group',
http://ev.kde.org/workinggroups/cwg.php

I consider it vitally important that everyone in the fedora community
feel safe, know fedora supports them, and that there be a clear contact
person/group to go to in cases where they experience any non-excellent
behavior.

Now, being excellent has taken us quite a ways, but I think it's time to
consider doing better, so...

After speaking with several current members of kde's cwg, they expressed
that it was very important to have a clear code of conduct(coc).  Such a
coc should focus entirely on what is good and expected, and stay away
from what is bad and discouraged.  Another good reference,
http://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/

-- Rex