Search Engine on start.fedoraproject.org

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Jul 21 19:33:14 UTC 2010

It's been pointed out to me that start.fedoraproject.org is in violation
of Infrastructure's free software policy:

http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/csi/free-software-policy/en-US/html-single/#FreeSoftware-Standard-Choosing

In particular the "Proprietary Dependence" clause.  Now, start.fp.o has
existed long before the policy was put in place and a grandfather
exception does exist.... but I thought I'd mention it.  This could be an
opportunity to completely re-think the start.fedoraproject.org home page.
I know that upon its design there was some major things in the works but
AFAIK most if not all of them fell through and that search engine link was
all that was left.

Thoughts, comments?

	-Mike "Sorry but the free road is a hard one sometimes" McGrath