Which list for community gaming session announcements?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 00:02:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 01:10:49PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 14:03:13 -0400,
>   threethirty <three at threethirty.us> wrote:
> >
> > Bruno:
> >
> > Are you on identi.ca? there is a fedora group on there (!fedora) that is
> > open to the public. If you keep the message short enough social media
> > addicts like me can "redent" it and reach other audiences.
>
> No, but the essence of the message is the session information on the
> community gaming wiki page. Once I set a hard date and time for Session 5,
> you could point people to that page.

By the way, not sure if everyone's aware of this, but a Fedora
Marketing team member drew my attention to it earlier and I thought it
was worth passing on.  If you want to shorten a URL with a 100% FOSS
service, you can use either of the ur1.ca or 2tu.us sites.  ur1.ca
runs lilURL and is hosted by the good people at StatusNet (home of
identi.ca), and 2tu.us runs on TightURL.

This might come in useful for posting URLs for your announcements.