Planet Fedora guidelines?

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Fri Jun 18 19:26:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 13:49 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 19:45 +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> > Am 18.06.2010 16:03, schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> > > http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/oktarahadian/~3/3LGRNs5v_cw/
> > > Is it just me who takes issue with a 400x400 px ubuntu logo on the top
> > > Planet Fedora?
> >
> > Okta has just started and according to
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fama/ticket/846
> > Heherson Pagcaliwagan(azneita) is his mentor, he will surely give him a
> > helping hand.
> >
> > From time to time, i also put my foot into somenthing and i always
> > appreciate a personal note to improve myself - we are still a healthy
> > community and from my expiriences most(not all) issues can solved by a
> > short personal note.
>
> I agree wholeheartedly a short personal note is the best thing, but it
> wasn't clear to me if it was even a problem or just something that only
> bothered me personally.
>
> ~m

Personally, I don't view this as a significant problem -- a slight faux
pas on their part. (I do wonder if those who are working for Red Hat
find it more grating to see the logo there, perhaps? I have no idea).

It's interesting that this comes up now -- I had dinner last night with
a Fedora ambassador who's also an $ambassadorEquivalent in the Ubuntu
universe. He sees no problem in having people try multiple flavors of
FOSS, his personal goal is to get them off of proprietary code.

-Chris