Questions about domain

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:38:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 01:02:55AM +0200, Efstathios Iosifidis wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> The reason I'm writing to you is because I didn't understand something
> on the site.
>
> First of all I would like to inform you that I'm co-founder of GreekLUG
> (http://www.greeklug.gr). We also run a forum http://forum.greeklug.gr
> (my user name there is diamond_gr).
> Our team, wants to grow the Greek Fedora community. So after a
> brainstorming, there was an idea to make a forum under a domain
> http://fedora.greeklug.gr. This way we will be able to help users that
> do not speak English, to find solutions to their problems.
> Since I recently joined the ambassador program, I told the team that I
> better ask my mentor if this is legal and my mentor pointed me to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains . I read it and
> didn't understand if our idea is described there. So that is the reason
> I write you.
> My questions:
>
> 1. Is it legal to use http://fedora.greeklug.gr? If not then can you
> propose us something else?
> 2. Is it legal to use the Artwork in the forum (as far as I understood
> from what I read there is no problem to use the Artwork)?

Efstathios,

I would like very much to see additional resources for Fedora
Ambassadors and users in Greece.  I am copying this message to
Dimitris Glezos and Papadeas Pierros, to ensure we're all working
together to achieve that goal.

The domain you proposed above does not require special licensing,
because it is using the Fedora name *above* the organizational name
"greeklug.gr".  As I explained elsewhere, our artwork is CC BY-SA 3.0
and it may be reused and remixed freely according to that license.
This does not include the Fedora trademarks like the logo, which have
specific requirements around their usage.