Bad-mouthing and hostility

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Mar 10 14:01:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:48:06 -0500 (EST), Seth wrote:

> But threatening to leave if you don't get your way? That's excellent?
> Making ultimatums, that's respect?

Threatening me to take away the cake? That's excellent?

> > 20:43:30 <mjg59> The risk is when we have packages where 3 votes is a substantial proportion of the users
> > 20:43:45 <skvidal> mjg59: which, imo, makes me wonder why we're shipping those pkgs at all.
>
> How is this anything other than a statement of the case?

It a demonstration of your disrespect towards package contributors.

> If we have packages in the distro for which we cannot find enough people
> to test outside of the package maintainer then my question is - who is
> using it? If so few people are using it then aren't we just wasting
> bandwidth and diskspace having it around?

One example:

  http://tinyurl.com/yzmp8st

and still it has been very difficult to get +3 karma from three different
users. The key question that is raised is whether Fedora will remain a place
for such software and its package maintainers?