Bad-mouthing and hostility

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 10 14:17:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Thomas Janssen wrote:

> You really dont care of the few users who use it and will let them go
> to another distribution who provides the software?
> And even dont care about the lost contributor?
> I thought we are on the "we need/want more contributors" way.
>
> I'm having a hard time to understand the motivation why you wrote that.

I'll quote the sections:

20:43:30 <mjg59> The risk is when we have packages where 3 votes is a
substantial proportion of the users
20:43:45 <skvidal> mjg59: which, imo, makes me wonder why we're shipping
those pkgs at all.
20:43:58 <mjg59> skvidal: It's not unreasonable
20:44:06 <skvidal> mjg59: to wonder that? or to ship them?
20:44:11 <mjg59> skvidal: Either

and then
20:58:44 <notting> cwickert: ... i could be convinced that for the far out
fringe packages that passing autoqa may be enough
20:59:12 <skvidal> notting: I'd believe that far out fringe pkgs might
fall into the category of things to be removed :)

I don't think I could have made more qualified statements

In the first one I said "it makes me wonder why" and in the second one I
said "might fall into".

We're really getting nitpicky here about things I wonder about.

-sv