Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 21:56:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:03:05PM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Stable_release_updates_vision
>
> I have a problem with this vision statement in that I think the Board is
> pushing over the line of responsibilities that it has assigned to FESCo and
> dabbling in implementation details instead of sticking with vision.  In
> particular, FESCo's purview should deal with the concrete usage of rawhide,
> prerelease, and stable repositories.  Here's some changes to the wording
> that I think tread the line of Board and FESCo better while keeping most of
> the flavour of the original.

The board did discuss overstepping bounds on FESCo quite a bit.  We also
have FESCo and former FESCo members on the board.  Right or wrong the
general tone of the board was to provide what we'd like to see, but then
leave the general implementation details up to FESCo.  We even had
discussions and ideas that didn't get put in to the final copy because we
decided they were FESCo's responsibility, not the boards.

	-Mike