Stable release updates vision

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 13:35:17 UTC 2010

On Thursday 11 March 2010 07:22:58 pm Paul W. Frields wrote:
> As noted in our previous minutes[1], the Board was tasked with
> producing a vision statement for updates to Fedora stable releases.
> That vision can be found here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Stable_release_updates_vision
>
> This statement is the result of many Board discussions which have
> taken into consideration issues raised recently in numerous other
> venues such as the devel list.  After considering these issues
> carefully, along with other factors such as the broad user base for
> which we should strive[2], the Board feels this vision will best meet
> the needs of our millions of users, including our contributor base.
>
> The Board would like FESCo to read through this vision statement, and
> use it as a basis for implementing changes that will help achieve this
> vision.  We look forward to working with FESCo and across the whole
> Fedora Project to continue improving the Fedora distribution.

Hi Paul (and other board, fesco, developers, users ;-)!
I'm not going to argue this proposal - at least not for now (I'd like to
introduce mine - to satisfy my "I do care").
Here we're on board level and I think it's crucial to start from here, from
the top. It's non sense for me to try to define updates policies without
knowing who these policies targets! I know you're working on such definition -
even I don't like the current way ;-) - but we need it first before redefining
how Fedora works now! So please - defer this decision by target audience  is
set (but I'm not against small steps to make it working better in current
situation) - then we can think how to serve our user.

I'm just a little developer/user, my 1 Czech Crown.

Jaroslav