Proposal for the new Fedora Project

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Fri Oct 1 12:14:49 UTC 2010

On 10/01/2010 01:49 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>   On 10/01/2010 03:25 PM, Phil Knirsch wrote:
>> Have you looked at Ext JS? I know it's certainly far from the rich
>> widget toolkits we have natively have, but i've personally been using it
>> for several projects already and it's really working nicely and is easy
>> to program.
>
> You might want to talk to Spot or Red Hat legal and clarify that the
> licensing is good. Last I looked into it, it had a rather confusing
> licensing issue.
>
> Rahul

It seems they switched to GPL v3 recently:
http://www.sencha.com/products/license-faq.php

That should be no problem according to our license guide:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Supervisor Core Services     | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111