RFC: Fedora Community Working Group charter (draft)

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 04:48:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 9:29 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>> OK, finally a first stab at a charter to create a Fedora Community
>> Working group.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rdieter/Draft_Fedora_Community_Working_Group
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Hi Rex,
>
> This sounds reasonable and there is clearly a need for mechanisms to
> resolve disputes and promote a happy project but I do have some
> reservation about creating a new body that by the nature of the work
> it is tasked with is largely a black box.
>
> Currently we have three governance bodies that all do this sort of
> community work. Is the intention to remove these functions from those
> bodies and aggregate that effort into this new group? If so, what do
> you see as the benefit of doing that?

I'd like to add that this snippet here - "The Community Working Group
aims to act as a central point of contact by being available to
communicate needs between various groups within project, including
group leaders, contributors, and users." - sounds much like what the
logistics at fp.o list currently provides. Is the intent to replace that
cross-group facilitation as well as provide actual mediation for
disputes and such?

-Robyn