Using Fedora Linux, using a usage restricted trademark?

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 21 11:53:21 UTC 2010

> That piece of text ("Copyright (C) 2010 Fedora Project") is in error
> and has been removed -- thanks for alerting us to it Sascha. I'm not
> sure whether I understand the rest of your statement here completely,
> but as far as I know (IANAL), this error notwithstanding, Fedora
> continues to have no restrictions on use.

Thanks Paul,

( IANAL )

Items I feel missing here:

- Who ( jursitic/natural person) is the agreement offering party?

- Red Hat's trademark guidelines are online? Is there an offline copy
included and referenced to on the Fedora media?
--> with the last statement and license guidelines not included in the
media, all offline installations are not subject to fullfill the
trademark guidelines?
---> ( because guidelines not in force for being unavailable to the
contract party. see last statement "...shall not affect the
enforceability of the remaining provisions...")

- Does it meet Fedoras license guidelines?
--> Is it (free as in) freedom compatible?

Can one dispute the board for releasing licenses/agreements against
Fedora Projects core-beliefs/statutes/foundations?

virtuotic liberty wishes from Switzerland,
Sascha