Fedora Calendar

Christos Bacharakis cmpahar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 09:46:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 19:43, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org>
> wrote:
> > > Hi Folks,
> > >
> > > Do we have a global ICS, Google, or other Calendar export available for
> > > all Fedora events, meetings, test days, and so forth? If not, why?
> >
> > John Poelstra has been keeping an ICS calendar. ICS being such a
> > lovely standard though may show up completely different in google,
> > apple, evolution, Novell Groupware, Zimbra etc. I know
> >

> > Then Infrastructure is looking at standing up a zarafa for calender so
> > I would aim questions more at Infrastructure than the Board.
> >
> > > I started keeping a separate Google Calendar for myself with Fedora
> > > meetings in it, but I'd love to see an official one. Then it would just
> > > be a case of magically seeing all meetings in my phone, etc.
> >

> Up and running in staging, working on deployment soon:
>
> https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/zarafa/
>
>        -Mike

Hello to all!

Last week I was working on automatically creating and updating an ICS file
(and a google calendar) with all our weekly meetings based on the
Meeting_Channel wiki page. Additionally I am willing to add all the
schedules, testing days, classrooms etc.
My goal is the creation and the update of the ICS/calendar to be an
automated process without any human touch.
To archive that I am using command line tools and generally bash script and
awk.
I am in a very good status, I have almost finished it.

Unfortunately this and the next week I am having my college semester's exams
so I will not be able to finish it.

Please advice me for continuing or stopping it.

Maybe this weekend I'll make a detailed blog post regarding the hole
process.

Thank you.

~Chris

--