soft launch, Finance SIG

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 1 20:20:25 UTC 2011

NOTE: I'm posting this to advisory-board and I'll send pointers to the
thread to ambassadors, famsco, and fudcon planning, so that we can try
to keep the actual thread on only one list.

There has been general agreement about the need to do several things:

(1) Enhance coordination between the different ALREADY EXISTING parts of
Fedora that spend money on stuff.

(2) Make sure that we are making funds available for NEW parts of the
Fedora Project that could make smart use of some discretionary money to
further their goals.

(3) Make sure that as FUDCons and FADs are being planned in parallel
around the world, folks understand what their budget is, and how they
can stick to that budget.

(4) Make it easier for non-Red Hat employees to spend money on behalf of
the Fedora Project.

This list is not meant to be exhaustive, but rather to show some of the
potential scope for a Fedora Finance SIG, which is being kicked off
today, the start of a new fiscal year at Red Hat.

Our first meeting will be on Friday March 4, at 1600 UTC, in
#fedora-meeting. We'll make further plans at that time.

For more details about purpose, initial goals, etc, please see:

         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Finance_SIG

Thanks,
Max