Resignation from FAmSCo, Fedora Ambassadors

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Sun May 8 00:23:26 UTC 2011

Dear Fedora Board members:

Tom Callaway wrote a blog post sometime in February where he said --
and I'm paraphrasing here -- that if participation in the Fedora
Project wasn't fun for someone, maybe that person should be doing
something else.

Various issues and conflicts have arisen in the last few months which
have caused my participation in the Fedora Project to not be as
enjoyable, or as personally productive and rewarding, as it has been
in the past.

While I find that unfortunate, some already know I had planned to
curtail most of my Fedora Project activities at the end of the year in
order to concentrate on more local and regional FOSS/Linux projects
going forward in 2012 and beyond.

However, I am moving that timetable up to today.

Effective immediately, I resign from the following positions I hold in
the Fedora Project:

-- Membership on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo); and

-- Membership in Fedora Ambassadors, including Ambassador Mentor.

I have taken the liberty of removing myself from these memberships and
others in FAS, though I am not able to remove myself from FAS
completely. I trust someone will take care of this housekeeping
matter.

On a personal note, I have learned much from my work with the Fedora
Project and will apply much of this to future endeavors; to say
nothing of how grateful I am to have worked with such excellent
people. I can only hope my contributions to Fedora have come close to
matching what I take away from the project.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Sincerely,
Larry Cafiero