F18 Election Schedule

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:37:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> inode0 wrote:
>
>> It is that time of the year again to begin working out the details of
>> the upcoming elections for the Board and FESCo. I have a draft
>> proposal available on the elections page
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
>> If you have any objections or concerns about this proposed schedule
>> please just let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate them into a
>> second draft.
>
> thanks John!  the board reviewed your draft in today's meeting, and all
> looks good from our point of view.
>
> Looking forward to seeing the initial schedule announcement ~apr 24.

FAmSCo is considering holding an election this cycle now. A final
decision from them needs to be made quickly to allow that to happen
but I just wanted to check whether it is fine with the Board for me to
adjust the approved schedule to include FAmSCo if they make that
decision in a timely enough manner so none of the deadlines (the
actual schedule) need to be changed or whether the Board would want to
approve this again after adding FAmSCo to the schedule (assuming that
happens)?

I would like to just proceed with whatever decision FAmSCo makes
without coming back to the Board but also don't want to surprise the
Board by announcing something different from what the Board approved
as the election schedule.

Thanks,
John