F18 Naming Election

Pam Chestek pchestek at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 14:24:19 UTC 2012

On 4/10/2012 1:38 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:53:15AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
>> People are starting to reasonably ask questions about what is going on
>> with this election now. The published schedule shows that we are
>> supposed to be in the middle of the voting step now but we don't seem
>> to have started it yet.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_18#Naming_Schedule
>>
>> Has the list been dealt with by the Board at this point? Has the
>> result been passed on for legal review yet?
>>
> The names were vetted by the Board the day after the submissions closed
> (March 28).
>
> The names are currently being vetted by Legal.  Since Legal review is
> a blackbox, we don't know precisely when we'll get the vetted list of names
> back.
>
>> Can we change the wiki to indicate the delay so folks stop trying to vote now?
>>
> I've updated the page to say what's been done and which step we're delayed
> on.
>
> -Toshio

Hey guys, that was kind of unkind not telling the whole story,
particularly since it was reported in the news.  We were given the names
on April 3, not 30 March that was listed on the schedule.  I also told
Robyn that it generally takes a week, and Friday was a holiday.  Erin is
sending out the results now.

Pam