[Ambassadors] Petition for Board to dissolve FAmSCo and call new elections

Neville A. Cross neville at taygon.com
Thu Apr 19 13:02:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 23:40 -0500, inode0 wrote:

> While I agree with that motivation I think we should also follow
> FESCo's example of how to do an orderly transition without overturning
> the results of a previous election. The idea that four people,
> regardless of their composition, can overturn election results for
> three others I find pretty offensive.
>
> > In order to make this change happen, we need to make a cut at some
> > point.  No matter if it happens sooner or later, some members will only
> > be able to serve FAmSCo for 6 months.
>
> There is a big difference between the electorate deciding who those
> members are and four members of FAmSCo deciding.

I think that John has make a better explanation of why this may be seen
as wrong.

This leaves me pondering if we need to  amend elections rules, that
famsco  has to reach a higher rate or been unanimous to change the
election rules. But again I am afraid this may block any future change,
as it has been too hard to reach this point.

I opted for this in the spirit to speed things up, maybe it was a
mistake by rushing.  But I did not looked numbers for deciding, and even
I offered to step down voluntarily in order to have these new rules in
place sooner.

Thanks for your comments, you always put the things in perspective.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217