Please don't forget the goals set in 2011

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 13:00:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 10:23:41AM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_goals_2011
>
> I still think these goals are really important and hope that at least
> some of them are championed by members of the current board.
>
> For the sake of convenience, they are:
>
> 1) Improve and simplify collaboration in the Fedora Community
>
> 2) Improve and encourage high-quality communication in the Fedora
> Community
>
> 3) It is extraordinarily easy to join the Fedora community and quickly
> find a project to work on.
>
> 4) Expand global presence of Fedora among users & contributors
>
> 5) Improve education & skill sharing in community
>
> Some specific problems cited by FESCO and the Board at the time (which
> are still quite relevant) are:
>
> - Mailing list communication is a mess
>
> - Fedora Classroom needs more leadership / publicity
>
> - It's really hard to get started
>
> I believe deeply that fixing mailing lists is going to have a lot of
> far-reaching positive effects and I really hope that a board member
> takes this issue on to champion in 2012.

Thanks!  We're looking for tactical goals at this point in time.  So
bringing up the examples that we included that you think are important are
good.  I thnk I recall that mailing lists had a suggestion from you to
implement an alternate front-end to mailman archives that was forum-like.

Fedora Classroom, I think you've defined the problem well.

Hard getting started could use something more specific to work on.

One of the things that several audience members called out was that they
think having measurable indicators of a task's success or failure was
important.  If a board member takes one of these on, they'll need to analyze
these and come up with those as well.

-Toshio