[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:10:12 UTC 2012

>>> Do we have any "election committee" filled with people not already
>>> serving
>>> in any of those governing body's being elected to that manages and
>>> oversee
>>> the election process and anything that goes with it. ( like producing
>>> participation stats etc. )?
>>
>> No, we have an "Election Wrangler".  That person volunteers to make
>> sure the elections happen in a smooth and organized way.  Having been
>> the FPL and run elections with and without the help of an Election
>> Wrangler, I can say that it's a huge help, even though it doesn't get
>> a lot of fanfare or attention.  So, for whatever it's worth, I'm going
>> to tip my hat to the Election Wranglers that have helped make our
>> elections better.  Thank you for stepping up and making the FPL's job
>> easier.
>

> I also would like to thank all the Election wranglers
>

>> If you're interested in making the elections better, feel free to
>> volunteer to be the the next Election Wrangler.
>

> Well I for one would rather that we have an election committee that sets the
> election rules etc and as well has handles the aftermath rather then an
> single individual doing all this stuff.

There is an election committee in a sense. The folks that set the
rules for the elections are the folks voted into the various
committees. I was involved in the recent changes to the FAmSCo
election rules and we did do that by committee. Again, the point here
is that if you voted someone in, you essentially trust them to perform
these actions to make sure the work is getting done. I am happy with
the results we've seen in the changes, though I do wish more people
would vote as well.

Cheers,

Clint