[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:15:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/13/2012 12:18 PM, inode0 wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:09 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
>> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Could you elaborate on which other governing bodies exist?
>>
>> QA has governance too. Whether a group governs itself informally by
>> consensus in meetings or by organizing a steering committee or by a
>> self-forming group of interested and skilled contributors like the
>> packaging committee isn't the important part of governance. But in all
>> of those cases in Fedora those doing the work make the decisions, not
>> some other committee from on high.
>

> We are on the same page with this.
>
> When I'm referring to "election committee" and the rules it would set they
> would only exist for governing body's that affect the community in whole not
> for self governing sub-community like QA hence I only mentioned the Board,
> FESCo, and FAmSCo since those are only the ones that I think fall under that
> category.

FESCo I see as a little bit of a special case. I don't really see much
difference between the ambassador group and the docs group and the
design group other than that the ambassadors still choose to form a
steering committee for governance. Some in the ambassador community
think there isn't really a need for the steering committee at all as
almost all ambassador governance is provided by regional ambassador
groups through their meetings. QA could choose to have a steering
committee if it thought that would provide better governance to the QA
community.

And even though I think FESCo is a special case I think even in that
case if we would like FESCo to change any of its rules we should go to
FESCo and make the case. All of the governance bodies are open to
improving things.

John