[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Wed Jun 13 15:33:28 UTC 2012

----- "inode0" <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 06/13/2012 12:12 PM, inode0 wrote:
> >>
> >> Wanting to give such a broad new power to the FPL seems utterly
> bizarre to
> >> me.
> >>

> > If I'm not mistaken he already wields that power + it's a fail safe
> if we
> > dont have enough nominees to fill up the seats for the governing
> body being
> > voted for.
>
> The FPL has appointment power only for 4 seats on the Board and in the
> case when there might be open elected seats on the Board. So if only
> two people had run for the Board this election the FPL would have
> appointed the one empty elected seat. There is no FPL power to appoint
> anyone to FESCo or to FAmSCo in any situation.
>
> FESCo and FAmSCo have different rules governing what they do in the
> case of unfilled or otherwise open seats.

OK lets clear a few things up here. First Red Hat appoints the 4 seats on the board[1] not the FPL. Second the FPL does have this "broad power" already for the board[2].

-- Bob

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board#Introduction See the second paragraph.
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning See the INSUFFICIENT NOMINATIONS section.