F18 Election Schedule

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:55:42 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

It is that time of the year again to begin working out the details of
the upcoming elections for the Board and FESCo. I have a draft
proposal available on the elections page

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

I have a couple of comments about it. First, we want to run the
elections within 30 days of release and that is getting more and more
difficult to do with the addition of questionnaires and townhalls. We
also don't want to burden people working hard on the release with
election business before they get the release finished.

What I hope to do is regularize this schedule so we don't need to
continue making it up each election and getting it approved each
election. Some details here need to be sorted out before that happens
and I'd like to run through two election cycles since they are
different to make sure what we have works well for both first. My hope
is that the first three items on the schedule (general announcement,
questionnaire announcement, and first FPL appointment) will always
happen in the two week period before the expected release date at the
time. The rest of the items on the schedule I would like to see begin
the day after the actual final release. This gives the entire schedule
some float to make sure it does not interfere too much with the
release itself. That is the goal anyway.

If you have any objections or concerns about this proposed schedule
please just let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate them into a
second draft.

Thanks,
John