Subdomain request: fudcon.fedoraproject.org

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:19:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> Not too well off hand. ;)
>>
>> We like everything to be managed by our package management system.
>>
>> It's possible we could be talked into a setup like above, but it would
>> require at least the rest of the request for resources process and some
>> convincing. The thing we 100% wish to avoid with any of these solutions
>> is "hey, here's this solution" and then people wandering off and
>> leaving US to maintain something long term without help or expertise.

yeah understandable .. though I myself has expertise on Plone as its
part of my dayjob, and i'm contributing there too .. So I can help out
in the setup and some maintenance ..

> And the major problem is that FUDCon teams change every years… :(

you mean for ACL? .. Plone permission infrastructure is hierarchical
.. each content in Plone may have its own set of people who are
allowed to add/edit/delete them .. permissions on folders are
inherited by its contents ..

so what we can do here is , use Plone's OpenID support to integrate it
with FAS (or I can write a Plone Auth plugin for directly integrate it
with FAS, but imo, OpenID is simpler) .. for each FUDCon, assign an
owner to it .. everything under the FUDCon folder are fully controlled
by the new owner .. he/she may share the folder to his team ..

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331