Fedora Board Recap 2012-09-26

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Sep 27 19:03:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:21:17 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> We had a rule in fesco that we were only going to discuss things that
> really were private on the -private list.  For a long time, this rule
> was violated. jwb and mjg spoke up in the board meeting to say that
> there are no longer discussion threads on the fesco private list so
> that seems to have been solved.

Yeah, the private list gets copied on all comments on the fesco trac.
Aside from those (already public) items, we have had so far in 2012:

5 posts from members about being on vacation/unable to attend.
1 post about administravia (member added to trac admin)
1 post direct to list in reply to a trac ticket
1 post telling the above person to comment on trac.
1 post to fesco/qa about a update in a freeze (in case it caused
release problems)
2 posts about meeting times

For a total of 11 posts this year.

> The last solution I heard was that
> nirik was going to take responsibility for telling people to move
> topics out to the -devel list instead of using -private.  If we're
> going to make this effective, I think we'd need to make a similar
> rule and give someone (perhaps the FPL since they have continuity
> beyond a Board election cycle) responsibility for ending discussions
> on board-private.

Yeah, I haven't had to do that in a while, but I did do it a few times
last year I think. I think it gets easier when the convention is to
default to open instead of just posting privately.

kevin